浜松城 (Hamamatsu Castle)
The Hamamatsu-jo, also known as Shussei Castle, in Hamamatsu, Shizuoka is a reconstructed Hirayama-style Japanese castle. It was the seat of various fudai daimyo who ruled over Hamamatsu Domain, Totomi Province. Its origin is unclear, though it is believed to be built as a fortification on the site by Imagawa Sadatsuke, the 4th head of the Enshu Imagawa Clan from around 1504-1520. Tokugawa Ieyasu renovated and greatly expanded the castle, which he renamed Hamamatsu Castle in 1577.